Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about Ballantynes. If you feel we may have missed something, don't hesitate to Contact Us.
» Shopping with Us
You can shop online with us here at www.ballantynes.com or if you prefer, over the phone on 0800 656 400.
Ballantynes has 3 store locations - Ballantynes Christchurch store is located 42 Lichfield Street, Christchurch Central. Ballantynes Timaru is located on 314 Stafford Street, Timaru. We also have a store located in the international departure lounge at Christchurch International Airport.
- How secure is the Ballantynes website?
- Our website uses an internationally recognised encryption protocol to encrypt all personal data that you type into our site before it travels across the internet. This occurs when you place an order as well as when you create an online account. Once we receive your data it is stored on a secure server behind firewalls, so that your personal details are not accessible from the internet by anyone else.
- Which credit cards do you accept?
- We accept all Major Credit Cards including Visa, Mastercard, Diners Club and American Express.
- Will my shopping cart remember items added to it?
- Your shopping cart will be emptied if you close your browser, logout from your online account or your computer is left inactive for over an hour. There are security reasons for this which aim to keep your personal information and payment details safe.
- How can I take advantage of GST free Shopping at Ballantynes?
- You can purchase items GST free from our store if you are flying internationally out of Christchurch. All we need from you are your flight details and a contact at your final destination and payment for the goods. You can then collect your purchase at our 'Gallery' shop, located in the International Departure lounge at Christchurch Airport before you board the plane. Please note, Air Safety Restrictions apply to any tax exempt purchases and all purchases are carry-on luggage, so size restrictions do apply.
- What address do I send returns to?
- To return products to Ballantynes, please post or courier to: Returns, J Ballantyne and Co Ltd, PO Box 4648, Christchurch
» Ballantynes Account Card
You can find out more information about the Ballantynes Account Card here including Terms and Conditions and an application form.
- How do I apply for a Ballantynes Account Card online?
- Please download and complete the Account Application Form (pdf) from the Ballantynes Card page, which you can return by post to Ballantynes, PO Box 4648, Christchurch, or drop in at Ballantynes Timaru.
- Can I pay my Ballantynes Account online?
- To pay your account, please download and complete the Direct Debit form or contact Customer Services on 0800 656 400.